UPDATED – NEW DATES
COST: $175 per person
COVID DISCOUNT EXCLUSIVE FOR WIFT MEMBERS AROUND AUSTRALIA.
ONLINE: Wednesday 25 November, Wednesday 2 December.
Get Your Pitch On! The ultimate two-part workshop to get your pitch ready to go.
We offer workshops for small groups of people and benefit from a group environment. They are carefully designed to ensure they leave a legacy beyond a brief experience.
Pitching your ideas, your skills and your projects is arguably the most fundamental skill we all need to proceed in our world. Regardless of career stage. And a successful pitch begins way before walking into a room (or a Zoom meeting). Here’s how you will do it.
We’re going to help you to prepare your idea for a pitch – incorporating all of the possible formats. Whether it’s a written pitch document, a video pitch or an in-person meeting.
A Non-Disclosure Agreement will be signed as we will be discussing everyone’s ideas as part of the workshop.
Workshop 1 – Pitching basics (Two Hours)
- What actually is a pitch?
- What’s the point of a pitch?
- How to read guidelines for a pitching opportunity.
- When to pitch.
- What makes a brilliant pitch?
- Types of pitches – in person, written, video. How do they differ?
- What is your idea – how to distil even the most complex story into a simple sentence.
- How to pitch yourself – people buy you as much as the idea so how do you sell yourself
Using the skills learned in Workshop 1 create your pitch – with the support, as required, of your Media Mentors.
Workshop 2 – Pitch Practice (Two Hours)
- Every participant will pitch their idea to the group and get feedback.
- Workshopping ideas for improvement
- Polish pitches.
Everyone will finish the workshop feeling absolutely confident in their ability to pitch their next project.
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE – BOOK NOW!Register Now