AN EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITY
If you are passionate about promoting diversity and inclusivity in the screen industry and are committed to making a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting and rewarding role as a Student Ambassador for Women in Film & Television Victoria (WIFT Vic).
This initiative is designed to actively engage with the next generation of women and gender-diverse filmmakers, by providing them with valuable opportunities for mentorship and guidance as they move into their professional careers.
By connecting emerging talent with the broader industry and encouraging innovation, the student ambassador program not only bridges the generation gap but also plays a vital role in future-proofing and shaping the Victorian film and television industry for a more equitable and diverse future.
WHAT THIS PROGRAM INVOLVES
As our inaugural student ambassador and honourary board representative, this person will have the unique opportunity to spearhead their very own initiative within WIFT Vic. This creative autonomy will empower them to shape the future of the organisation, while gaining valuable leadership experience.
Over a six month period, our student ambassador will be given opportunities to:
- Attend and support board meetings and WIFT Vic events (both online and in-person).
- Provide input and fresh ideas on key initiatives and decisions.
- Spearhead a student networking event.
- Attend professional industry events (such as the Melbourne Women in Film Festival), connecting and learning from mentors, industry leaders and decision makers.
- Shape the student ambassador program for 2025.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications are open from Monday 5 February 2024 and close midnight on Monday 26 February 2024. Any applications received after this time will not be eligible for consideration.
To be eligible, applicants must be an active student member of WIFT Vic aged 18 years and over, and enrolled in study in a relevant field (eg. film, television, media, etc.)
Included with the application form, you will need to upload:
- Your up-to-date CV, highlighting relevant academic and professional experiences.
- A one page (maximum) proposal for a student networking event to be held in September 2024. This proposal should showcase your leadership, collaboration, communication, positivity, and enthusiasm.
- A short statement (maximum 150 words) on what you hope to gain the most from the WIFT Vic student ambassador program.
You can access the online application form here:
Student applicants must demonstrate:
- Passion for promoting diversity and inclusion in the screen industry.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Google Drive and document management.